Available Foam Types
High Density Foam
High Resilience Foam
Closed Cell Foam
Dry Fast Foam
Frequently Asked Questions
Foam products have maximum dimensions. Foam ordered beyond its maximum dimension will be divided in half to achieve the desired measurement. For example, High Density foam at 100.00″L will deliver as two 50.00″L pieces.
- High Density Foam – 96″
- Polyurethane Foam – 84″
- Lux Foam – 96″
- High Resilience Foam – 96″
- Memory Foam – 84″
- Latex Foam – 84″
- Dry Fast Foam – 80″
- Charcoal Foam – 84″
- Rebond Foam – 80″
- Closed Cell Foam – 96″
Can Square Foam and Rectangle Foam be cut in any size?
Foam sizes have limitations. Foam is manufactured in blocks, normally six feet wide and eight feet long. When there is a need for the foam to be larger, the foam must be glued together. Different foam types are manufactured in different foam block sizes so there is no exact limitation when custom cutting foam in different foam types. Foam also has limitations on its thickness. As an example, Latex Rubber Foam is manufactured in a maximum of six-inch thickness. As such, if a foam block is ordered in Latex at eight inches thick, it would have to be laminated to achieve the finished height.
What are the common uses of Square Foam and Rectangle Foam?
Square foam has the same width and length, while rectangular foam has a longer length than width. Square foam is commonly used for seat cushions and foam packaging for shipping, whereas rectangular foam is commonly used in foam mattresses. Foam blocks are manufactured in large sizes to accommodate custom-cut foam to any desired size within the limitations of the manufactured foam.
What foam type should I choose for my application?
There are many different foam types available and it can be difficult to decipher which is appropriate for your application. Each foam has common uses but there is no foam that is all-encompassing. As such, here is a quick overview of the intended application for the various foams available. For a more in-depth view, you can also view the foam we offer here.
- Commercial Grade Polyurethane Foam: Often used in arts and crafts such as costumes and for packing and shipping.
- Industrial Grade High Density Foam: Good price to performance ratio for mattresses and cushions.
- Lux Foam: A grade above High Density Foam. Great for mattresses and cushions.
- High Resilience Foam: A grade above Lux Foam. Excellent for mattresses and cushions.
- Latex Foam: Excellent quality foam that is often used in foam mattresses. This foam can also be used in cushions.
- Memory Foam: Excellent quality foam that is often used in foam mattresses because of its pressure relief.
- Charcoal Foam: Often used for packing and shipping, foam insert for cases, acoustical damping, and more.
- Rebond Foam: Resilient and durable foam, making it ideal for carpet padding, motorcycle seats, and other high usage applications.
- Closed Cell Foam: Sturdy, stiff, and non-porous, making it great for exercise mats, hot tub covers, and more.
- Dry Fast Foam: Often used in outdoor furniture and air and water filters because of its open-cell porous construction.